Our Pledge to You
As a Maui Memorial Medical Center patient, you benefit from the experience and expertise expected from one of the state's top hospitals. Our entire staff is dedicated to the hospital's mission of quality care, compassion and community service and will work together to provide comprehensive and collaborative care for you and your family.
From the Emergency Department to the operating room, our patients and families have access to:
- Comprehensive, compassionate care in a comfortable, family-friendly, safe and secure environment
- Respectful and knowledgeable physicians and healthcare professionals dedicated to your health and safety
- Support services for patients and families
- Translators or interpreters
- Hearing-impaired assistance
- Chaplaincy services
We believe mutual respect, information sharing, and collaboration between patients, family members, and healthcare providers is key to achieving the best possible outcomes and we want to work with you throughout your hospitalization. Please feel free to alert any member of our team with any questions or concerns.
What to Bring
- low-heeled, comfortable shoes
- loose-fitting clothing that you can get on and off easily
- case for your eye glasses or contact lenses, if you have them
- If you are having leg or foot surgery, you must bring your own crutches and know how to use them
- Any medications you are currently on and may need to take during your stay (per your doctor's order)
- Any assistive devices you rely on (walkers, wheelchairs, hearing aids, etc.)
- Please remove all jewelry, including all piercings, from your body
- Please remove and do not wear makeup or nail polish
- Bathrobe, nightclothes
- Non-valuable personal items and toiletries (makeup, comb, brush, toothpaste, and toothbrush)
- comfortable change of clothes to go home in
What Not to Bring
Patients and visitors are reminded not to bring valuables with them to the hospital or leave personal items unattended, including: cash, valuables, jewelry, iPods®, radios, cameras, CD players, laptops and other electronics.